Monday, September 23, 2013

A rainy Queen West

A huge thank you to everyone who came out this weekend to a very wet Queen West Arts Crawl.  It was the wettest craft show that I have ever done!  It was also not the best place to discover that your tent was a little bit leaky.  But don't worry - as the picture below suggests, once dollar store plastic is added, not only does it make it waterproof, but it also makes your tent look a little like an oxygen tent!

This show I decided to take advantage of my space and bring two tables.  
Wait...let me rephrase that.  Ren brought two tables.  
I was pretty useless.
But I dig the new set up and the next time I have a large space like this (Sugar Plum Fair in November) I will make use of them again.

Look at all that mud on the ground...it was like Woodstock.  (I imagine)

Lookit all those monkeys in that suitcase!



Proof of rain.  But check out my sweet little drawbridge crossing the moat!

A valuable lesson was learned.  Walking casts?  Not waterproof.  And when you stand in a wet cast (which could be equated to a wet sponge) from 9am to 9pm...it tends to make your foot look like a giant white raisin.

And now you know.


*FYI - QWAC rocks.  I will be back next year.

No comments: