Friday, July 29, 2011

Warm and Fuzzy...

I know I have been away from this blog for a little while but I have been rather busy with another project that I have been working on.  (No, I don't just sew in my free time...)

I am a Scout leader and we just spent 2 weeks in Germany on an exchange.  It was amazing...but that isn't the point of this post.

While there I managed to get my hand on a permanent marker..this of course means that I must doodle....on people.  Faces, hands, legs and arms...really anything that was around that didn't include paper.

One such doodle went like this on one of the German Scout leaders arms...(he was chilly...he isn't actually bumpy in real life)


The next day he came up to me and asked if I would draw it on a piece of paper so that he could make it into a decal to put on the back of his car. Because it was Mani, I could not possibly say no...plus I made him promise that he would make me one.

The end result was a simplified version of the drawing that looks like this:


I LOVE IT!  It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  It truly was one of the most flattering things that anyone has ever done for me.  When he took me over to show me at the final party I admit that I got a little choked up.  Okay, more then a little.  

Thank you Mani for making my year...!
x


Stay tooned...I will be decaling it to my car soon!


No comments: